I am happy to report that I have a new paper forthcoming in a volume for Kit Fine in the Springer series Outstanding Contributions to Logic, edited by Federico Faroldi and Frederik van de Putte. It is called The Whole Truth, and a penultimate version is available here.
We are delighted to announce that Singa Behrens will be joining our team as a PhD researcher, with a planned start date of 1 August. Singa’s current and recent research is focused, among other things, on the grounds of normative facts, and the question of the logical and metaphysical autonomy of the normative realm. We are very happy to have her on board!
Very pleased that my paper Ground-theoretic Equivalence has been accepted for publication in Synthese! The penultimate version is available for download from the publications page.
We are pleased to announce that video recordings are now available of some of the talks from our recent first RelEvent — a workshop on Varieties of Relevance. Click here to see talks by Gerhard Schurz on Relevance in the Theory of Confirmation and by Hannes Leitgeb on Relevance: Semantics, Logic, and the Logic of Belief. Thanks to the Lecture2Go team at the University of Hamburg for providing these!
Some more talks by group members are upcoming:
- Stephan will be speaking about Difference-Making in Truthmaker Semantics at ConceptLab in Oslo (13 Nov 2018)
- Martin will be speaking on Essence and Actuality at a Workshop on Necessity and Essence in Tübingen (23 Nov 2018)
- Stephan will be speaking about Higher-Degree Exact Entailments at a Workshop on Hyperintensionality in Utrecht (23-24 Nov 2018)
Stephan and Martin will be giving talks at an upcoming Hamburg-Japan workshop (24-25 August), co-organized by Richard Woodward’s Emmy Noether group Ontology after Quine and Richard Dietz (Tokyo/Hamburg). Stephan’s talk will be on Relevance and Minimality in Belief Revision, Martin’s on the question What Time Is It in Other Possible Worlds?
We are delighted to announce that Martin Glazier will be joining our team as a postdoctoral researcher, with a planned start date of 1 September. Martin’s current and recent research is focused, among other things, on explanatory relevance in noncausal explanation. We are very happy to have him on board!
We are pleased to announce our first project workshop, on the topic of Varieties of Relevance, to take place on 12 October 2018. Speakers: Insa Lawler, Hannes Leitgeb, and Hans Rott, and Gerhard Schurz. For more information, click here.
We’re happy to report that
- Stefan Roski’s talk Can the Counterfactual Theory of Explanation Account for Metaphysical Explanations? has been accepted for presentation at the GAP.10 conference, to take place in Cologne, 17-20 September 2018.
- Stephan Krämer’s talk A Note on the Whole Truth has also been accepted at the same conference.
- A slightly different version of that talk has also been accepted for this year’s Joint Session, taking place in Oxford, 6-8 July 2018.